Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to recovery due missing wal_file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/03/2016 05:36 PM, Patrick B wrote:
> I don't have it now!
>
> But I didn't know that postgres would need that file! If I knew it, I'd
> have checked just after pg_basebackup started....

Not sure that would have mattered for the reasons below.

You might want to take a look at the below:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal.html

In particular:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-intro.html

Short version WAL files are essential to restoring and on the
originating server are recycled, subject to the configuration parameters
explained here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/wal-configuration.html

So the wal archiving you have set up is not storing everything, it
removes older files over time?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com