Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities

От Andrus
Тема Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Ludek,

thank you.

> This is wrong behaviour of 08.01.0200. Your app have to call
> SQLMoreResults to get next result set. I suppose you are still
> using FoxPro. I see the google and FoxPro may know SQLMoreResults.

How to tell to  postgres, odbc or change my code so that I can call

drop_table('tempDOK')

without returning recordset. I don't need any result from this.

>> >and thus does not work with new driver. How to force new driver to be
>> >invoked by connection string DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode} ?
>
> You have to change Registry (rename):
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL
> ->
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL Unicode

It seems that I must change my application due to the multiple recordset
problem.
So I think that I try to connect first to "PostgreSQL Unicode" driver and if
this fails then to
"PostgreSQL" driver.

How to dedect connection to nonexistent driver ("PostgreSQL Unicode")
It seems that error and sql state code returned in this case are returned
also in some other cases if driver is present.

Andrus.