Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities

От Ludek Finstrle
Тема Re: 8.02.00.02 driver incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> > This is wrong behaviour of 08.01.0200. Your app have to call
> > SQLMoreResults to get next result set. I suppose you are still
> > using FoxPro. I see the google and FoxPro may know SQLMoreResults.
>
> How to tell to  postgres, odbc or change my code so that I can call
>
> drop_table('tempDOK')
>
> without returning recordset. I don't need any result from this.

I'm not so experienced but there is some ODBC specification for
calling stored procedure. Something like {call ....}. Maybe this
is the way? But why you need it? I see no problem in spliting the
queries or calling SQLMoreResults.

> > You have to change Registry (rename):
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL
> > ->
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PostgreSQL Unicode
>
> It seems that I must change my application due to the multiple recordset
> problem.
> So I think that I try to connect first to "PostgreSQL Unicode" driver and if
> this fails then to
> "PostgreSQL" driver.
>
> How to dedect connection to nonexistent driver ("PostgreSQL Unicode")

SQLDrivers? It's ODBC function so I hope it could be accessed from
VFP.

Regards,

Luf