Re: Faster "SET search_path"

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Faster "SET search_path"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-11-14 at 20:13 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 19:01 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > 0003: Cache for recomputeNamespacePath.
>
> Committed with some further simplification around the OOM handling.

While I considered OOM during hash key initialization, I missed some
other potential out-of-memory hazards. Attached a fixup patch 0003,
which re-introduces one list copy but it simplifies things
substantially in addition to being safer around OOM conditions.

> > 0004: Use the same cache to optimize check_search_path().
> > 0005: Optimize cache for repeated lookups of the same value.

Also attached new versions of these patches.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения