Re: Faster "SET search_path"

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Faster "SET search_path"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 19:01 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> 0003: Cache for recomputeNamespacePath.

Committed with some further simplification around the OOM handling.
Instead of using MCXT_ALLOC_NO_OOM, it just temporarily sets the cache
invalid while copying the string, and sets it valid again before
returning. That way, if an OOM occurs during the string copy, the cache
will be reset.

Also some minor cleanup.

> 0004: Use the same cache to optimize check_search_path().
> 0005: Optimize cache for repeated lookups of the same value.

I intend to commit these fairly soon, as well.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Amul Sul
Сообщение: Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)