Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL

От Igal @ Lucee.org
Тема Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michelle,

On 12/24/2017 1:20 PM, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Igal

Am 2017-12-24 hackte Igal @ Lucee.org in die Tasten:
I am doing a similar thing migrating from SQL Server, and I am
considering to publish an open source Migrator.

Can you tell me about some of the data types that you had to change
moving from MySQL to Postgres?
I convert only those four CREATE TABLE from mySQL to pgSQL which
is the forum pluging for squirrelmail.

auto_increment  ->   serial
int(NN)         ->   int
datetime        ->   timestamptz  (attention:  it is NOT timestamp)
longtext        ->   text

Thank you.  My migration tool (written in Java) already supports migrating a SQL Server database to Postgres with most data types.

Perhaps I will improve it further when I have some more time to support MySQL source databases as well, in which case I will use the information that you sent as a starting point.

Best,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org