Re: VACUUM FULL achieves nothing / Postgres 7.3.2 + RedHat 7.3

От willmington@gmx.net (R. Willmington)
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL achieves nothing / Postgres 7.3.2 + RedHat 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<41484EA5.9060904@bigfoot.com>...

> Are you sure you dont have connection in status: "idle in transaction"?
> Check with:
>
> ps -eafwww | grep post
>

> Gaetano

Hello Gaetano,

Thank you for the reply.
I have checked the connections with the command you suggested, they
are all in status "idle".

Update on the problem described in my initial posting:

I have deleted some 4000 records from the table on the live system in
the meantime, it took about 36 minutes to complete.
After that, i ran a Vacuum full verbose on the table. The vacuum full
removed only 25 deleted records within about 5 seconds.

Regards,

R. Willmington