Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/9/09, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>  Marko Kreen wrote:
> > But now that I learned that ALTER TABLE WITHOUT OIDS either causes bugs
> > or requires table rewrite, it turned from minor annoyance to big
> annoyance.
> > So I'd like have a reasonable path for getting rid of them, which we don't
> > have currently.  Removing them completely is simplest path, but adding
> > extra features to support it is another.
> >
> > If we are talking about adding a feature, then I like retargeting
> > pg_dump --oids from data-only flag to apply to both data and schema.
> > Yes, this is incompatible change, but the change affects feature we
> > are discouraging anyway.
>
>  How about a pg_dump flag that simply suppresses OIDs from the data and
> schema?

But we already have flag that is correlated to use of oids?

I don't see why we should bother users who are not using oids with it.

--
marko

Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS