Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От David Fetter
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:44:17AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Marko Kreen wrote:
>> But now that I learned that ALTER TABLE WITHOUT OIDS either causes
>> bugs or requires table rewrite, it turned from minor annoyance to
>> big annoyance.  So I'd like have a reasonable path for getting rid
>> of them, which we don't have currently.  Removing them completely
>> is simplest path, but adding extra features to support it is
>> another.
>>
>> If we are talking about adding a feature, then I like retargeting
>> pg_dump --oids from data-only flag to apply to both data and
>> schema.  Yes, this is incompatible change, but the change affects
>> feature we are discouraging anyway.
>>

> How about a pg_dump flag that simply suppresses OIDs from the data
> and  schema?

Defaults matter.  How about one that *preserves* the aforementioned
OIDs and have the default, if it finds OIDs, error out with a message
like this:
   You have explicit OIDs in this database, which have been   deprecated since 8.1.  If despite this, you would like to
preserve  them, use the --oids option for pg_dump.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Сообщение: Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS