Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/24/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> > > IIRC the official word from the git people is that they don't care about windows. As long as they say that, I
considerthat a dealbreaker.

> > > And from a quick look that google project is still just for msys, which is a dependency that we've rid ourselves
of.

> > > If we're going to switch scm, we should switch to one that's supported on our platforms...
> >
> > Well, that _was_ the official word from core git devs, in the sense
> > that they wonr put any effort to windows support and any support
> > should not obfuscate core code.  But there were other devs who
> > decided to work on it and the windows support is humming along well:
> >
> >  http://marc.info/?l=git&m=119283639121273&w=2
> >
> > Note that msys is needed for _building_ git not using it.
>
> Ah. Like I said, only gave it a quick look :-) As long as it works without
> msys, I'm fine with that. Once they reach non-alpha state, of course. (I'm
> not going to comment on the relative merits of the different scms - as long
> as it works, and it not unsupported in a way that it can suddenly break and
> not be quickly fixed...)

I agree with Tom that there is no hurry to switch main SCM to
something else.  At least git users are served via repo.or.cz
very well, I hope there is something like that for Mercurial too.

Only problem is that there is a certain historical obstacle
for DSCM users who want to submit their patches...

--
marko

Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4