Re: Performance Killer 'IN' ?

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: Performance Killer 'IN' ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/3/06, Kai Hessing <kai.hessing@hobsons.de> wrote:
> Marko Kreen wrote:
> > Just a shot in the dark: does the plan stay the same,
> > when you remove the ' AND status > -1' ?
>
> No difference: I skipped the 'AND status > -1' and have the following
> results...

Ok.  Thanks.  I once had similar query and it seemed that postgres
got confused if there was big IN and alse something else in WHERE
clause.  Dropping the rest got postgres to use index for IN.

But I did not have time to research it then and with your result
seems it's not a problem in recent versions.

--
marko