Re: what is this error

От chris smith
Тема Re: what is this error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/3/06, venu gopal <gopalonline2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear List,
>     I have created a database called dhis13 and created a login role with
> user name venu and pwd gis now i have created an sql file using shp2pgsql
> command it worked successfully when i m importing the same to the dhis13
> database i was giving with the following error all the database and
> loginroles is created at pgadminIII (not at command prompt)
>    When i try to import i was getting the following error
>
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U venu -d dhis13 -f
> e:\venu\postgischi
> ttoorshp.sql
> Password for user venu:
> BEGIN
> psql:e:/venu/postgischittoorshp.sql:2: NOTICE:  CREATE
> TABLE will create implici
> t sequence "chittoor_ver0_gid_seq" for serial column "chittoor_ver0.gid"
> psql:e:/venu/postgischittoorshp.sql:2: NOTICE:  CREATE
> TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will
> create implicit index "chittoor_ver0_pkey" for table "chittoor_ver0"
> CREATE TABLE
> psql:e:/venu/postgischittoorshp.sql:3: ERROR:  function
> addgeometrycolumn("unkno
> wn", "unknown", "unknown", "unknown", "unknown", integer) does not exist
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need
> to add explicit type casts.

You're missing a function called "addgeometrycolumn". It's not a
native postgres function (as far as I'm aware) - you'll have to find
where it comes from and import it.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: what is this error
От: "Marko Kreen"
Сообщение: Re: Performance Killer 'IN' ?