Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2010/3/19 Julius Tuskenis <julius@nsoft.lt>
Hello

lets say I have a function add_user(user varchar(20), password varchar(20)). In its body I want to have statement INSERT INTO my_users(user, password) VALUES (user, password); The problem is I cant - then I try to create such function I get "ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$1"
LINE 1: INSERT INTO my_users(  $1 .... " This tells me the parameter is used instead of column name. That is of course not what I wanted. What would you recommend to fix this? Is there any way to tell the postgres that user is column name? I tried "user" with same error. Must I change the names of parameters?

using PG 8.3

You won't have to change the parameters in the function definition, instead you can use the RENAME clause:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION add_user(user varchar(20), password varchar(20) ) RETURNS VOID AS $$
DECLARE
  RENAME user TO x_user;
  RENAME pa TO x_password;
BEGIN
  INSERT INTO my_users(user, password) VALUES (x_user, x_password);
END; LANGUAGE plgpsql;

regards
Szymon

Сообщение: Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Сообщение: Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql