Location of pg_rewind/RewindTest.pm and ssl/ServerSetup.pm

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Location of pg_rewind/RewindTest.pm and ssl/ServerSetup.pm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
These two files are used by TAP test suites but fall foul of the
tightening of perl's searchpath rules. See for example
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bowerbird&dt=2019-02-07%2000%3A10%3A31>

The obvious solution is to perform the same surgery for the ssl and
pg_rewind tests that we performed for genbki.pl and other scripts, but
in these cases the used modules are not in the same directory as the
using scripts, but in their parent directories. I can't think of a good
reason for this.They clearly relate to the TAP test suites, and nothing
else, so it seems to me that they should go into the same directory as
the TAP test scripts. There should be no danger that "prove" will try to
run them, as it is only set up to run files with a ".pl" extension.

While we're at it, I think ServerSetup.pm should possibly be renamed to
something like SSLServer.pm (and the perl code adjusted accordingly)

Does anyone object to me making these changes?

cheers

andrew