Re: Add missing CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS table_name AS EXECUTEquery;

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add missing CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS table_name AS EXECUTEquery;
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 04:23:44PM +0100, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> I added a test in create_table.sql where the test for the other form of CTAS
> IF NOT EXISTS is.

Okay, we can live with that.  Instead of a scan on pg_class, I would
have switched to a more simple thing like that for the PREPARE query:
PREPARE select1 AS SELECT 1 AS a;

Then it would be good to add a scan on the created relation after
running all the CREATE TABLE queries to make sure that it remains with
only one tuple.

> I have no idea if something like this should be back patched. I will add it
> to the commit fest either way so it is not lost.

I'd like to get that addressed before working on the other item
reshuffling the CTAS relation creation.  Let's wait for a couple of
days and see if folks have objections, and then revisit it at the
beginning of next week.  CTAS IF NOT EXISTS is supported down to
9.5 and is documented as such, and my proposal is to back-patch
accordingly.
--
Michael

Вложения