Re: memory consumption of memory for postgres db container

От Stephan Knauss
Тема Re: memory consumption of memory for postgres db container
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02.09.2021 16:35, M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:

> We did a stability test for our product, where we continuously
> inserting data into postgres tables. We did this for three days
> continuously.
>
> Memory utilization of our Postgres container continuously increasing.

I am not certain whether it is related, but you might want to check. I
had a similar issue where the anonymous memory was sort of leaking with
a rate of 2 GiB per hour.

it was resolved by doing a "set jit=off". You can see the full thread
including some hints on how to check where memory is allocated here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9f73e655-14b8-feaf-bd66-c0f506224b9e%40stephans-server.de

Stephan