Rollback DELETE command using backup + WAL

От Zarko Susnjar
Тема Rollback DELETE command using backup + WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I'm using PGSQL version 8.0

"Accidentally" I deleted around 40000 (it's exactly 44242) rows from one table. Last backup (.sql) I made is 1 month old and probably only around 30000 records are there. After deleting records immediately I made a copy of pgsql/data directory and i see that probably all of 10000 records I miss are there ( 6 files from 0000000100000012000000C0 to 0000000100000012000000C6).

Is there any possible way to extract needed records from WAL files and in combination with backup script restore all data which has been deleted?

Thanks in advance,
Zarko

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Server is not starting during it's installation
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Server is not starting during it's installation