Re: NullPointerException on next()

От Rene Pijlman
Тема Re: NullPointerException on next()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:40:29 +0900, you wrote:
>I think you're right about the exception that's being thrown,
>it shouldn't be the NullPointerException.

I've put it on the todo list:
http://lab.applinet.nl/postgresql-jdbc/ ("ResultSet").

It should throw a java.sql.SQLException, however, instead of a
java.lang.IllegalStateException. See the JDBC book
(http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jdbc/) section A.4: "There are
cases where a JavaRunTimeException and an SQLException might
overlap. ... In such cases, it is recommended that the
SQLException be thrown because that gives JDBC more consistent
control over errors."

Regards,
René Pijlman