Re: Recommendation for upgrading from PostgreSQL 9.3

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Recommendation for upgrading from PostgreSQL 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/12/18 1:17 AM, Karl Martin Skoldebrand wrote:
> Are there any recommendations regarding upgrading from PG 9.3 to 9.6 or
> 10.x?
>
> I found a few changes at
> https://severalnines.com/blog/upgrading-your-database-to-postgresql-version-10
> but are there more things to keep in mind regarding changes in
> scripts/queries that might affect an already existing application?
> Should we stop at 9.6 or go 10.x considering that 10.x seems almost
> about a year old, and 11.x is out there.

Go here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release.html

and click on the notes for the first release for each major release.
Prior to 10 the numbering system was Major.major.minor, e.g. 9.3.x -->
9.4.x was a major change. With 10+ the scheme is Major.minor so 10.x -->
11.x. So in your case the first release you would visit is:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-9-4.html

To be more certain I would set up a dev database with the new version
and test against that.

> I have limited experience with PG so far, but quite long experience with
> MySQL and OSS in general.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Martin Skjoldebrand

> Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is
> proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy
> statement, you may review the policy at
> http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally
> http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within
> TechMahindra.