Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance

От Hitoshi Harada
Тема Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2008/12/28 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing the window functions patch,
> and I think it is now ready to commit, other than the documentation
> (which I've not looked at yet at all).  Attached is my current patch
> against HEAD, sans documentation.  This incorporates the recently
> discussed aggregate-function API changes and support for tuplestore
> trimming.  There's a number of things that could be improved yet:
>        * we really ought to have some support for non-built-in
>          window functions
>        * I think the planner could be a bit smarter about when to
>          sort or not
>        * tuplestore_advance and related code really needs to be made
>          more efficient; it didn't matter much before but it does now
> but I think these things can be worked on after the core patch is
> committed.

I ran the patch witouht any errors. Though it's trivial, I noticed
window_gettupleslot has to be fixed a bit.

diff src/backend/executor/nodeWindowAgg.c.orig
src/backend/executor/nodeWindowAgg.c
1445a1446,1449
>       /* pos = -1 means special on spool_tuples(), so check it before */
>       if (pos < 0)
>               return false;

1449c1453
<       if (pos >= winstate->spooled_rows || pos < 0)
---
>       if (pos >= winstate->spooled_rows)

Regards,

--