How to create an index for type timestamp column using rtree?

От Chris Cheston
Тема How to create an index for type timestamp column using rtree?
Дата
Re: How to create an index for type timestamp column using
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

I'm storing some timestamps as integers (UTF) in a table and I want to
query by <= and >= for times between a certain period.  The table has
gotten quite large and is now very slow in querying.

I think it's time to create an index for the timestamp column.

I tried using an rtree (for <= and >= optimization):

create INDEX logs_timestamp ON logs using rtree (timestamp);

but I get

ERROR:  data type integer has no default operator class for access
method "rtree"
        You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
        default operator class for the data type

Do I have to create an rtree type for my timestamp integer column?

Existing rtree columns are below.

Pls help.

Thanks,
Chris

server=> select am.amname as acc_method, opc.opcname as ops_name from
pg_am am, pg_opclass opc where opc.opcamid = am.oid order by
acc_method, ops_name;
 acc_method |    ops_name
------------+-----------------
 btree      | abstime_ops