Re: How to create an index for type timestamp column using

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: How to create an index for type timestamp column using
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I'm storing some timestamps as integers (UTF) in a table and I want to
> query by <= and >= for times between a certain period.  The table has
> gotten quite large and is now very slow in querying.
>
> I think it's time to create an index for the timestamp column.

Uh, yeah.

> I tried using an rtree (for <= and >= optimization):

Bad idea.

> Do I have to create an rtree type for my timestamp integer column?

Why do you want an rtree index?  They're for multidimensional polygonal
data and stuff.  Just create a normal index...

Chris

Сообщение: Re: How to create an index for type timestamp column using rtree?
Сообщение: Re: How to create an index for type timestamp column using rtree?