Re: Using same database from XP and Linux in notebook

От Andrus
Тема Re: Using same database from XP and Linux in notebook
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Here is an example I always used as a start point in this type of project.
>
> http://campbellcentral.org/rick/code/setup.html
>
> Generally, I would store the datafiles on an NTFS partition - it seems
> easier to reach NTFS from Linux then vice-versa.

Bill,

Your example mounts NTFS as read-only. Is it possible to mount NTFS as
read-write ?

Have you used Posgres on Linux writing to a Postgres/XP cluster residing on
a NTFS file system ?
Are Postgres Linux and XP database formats binary compatible ?
My db cluster uses Windows specific locale setting. How Postgres on Linux
interpets this setting ?

Andrus.