Using same database from XP and Linux in notebook

От Andrus Moor
Тема Using same database from XP and Linux in notebook
Дата
Re: Using same database from XP and Linux in notebook  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have notebook which can be booted into Windows XP/NTFS and into Linux.
Notebook is not connected to any network. There are separate IDE partitions
for both OS.

I want same Postgres 8.1 database to be available in both modes.

I think I must put Postgres database cluster into a NTFS partition which can
be written from Postgres running on Linux or into Linux partition which can
be written from Postgres running in XP.

Any idea how to implement dual OS database ? Is there a ready to install
Linux distro which supports this ?

Andrus.