Re: character problem

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: character problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10.10.2005 14:24, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> The old rows are still displayed in a bad format, the newly inserted one
> is instead shown rightly. Also data in pg_dump present wrong strings,
> thus any suggestion about how to reconvert already inserted data?

It should be possible to convert it with an intentionally "wrong"
client_encoding and one or two reloads, but I don't have the time ATM to
think out how to do it exactly, maybe someone else can help in the meantime.

> Moreover, the set client_encoding change is permanent or do I have to
> configure it in the postgresql.conf file?

No it's for the running session only. Set it global in postgresql.conf,
for each user or just fire "SET client_encoding = LATIN1;" as first
query in your scripts.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath