Re: character problem

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: character problem
Дата
Re: character problem
Список pgsql-admin
On 10.10.2005 11:56, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> gestione_personale=# \l
>              List of databases
>         Name        |   Owner   | Encoding
> --------------------+-----------+-----------
>  gestione_database  | dbmanager | SQL_ASCII
>  gestione_personale | wwwrun    | SQL_ASCII
>  template0          | dbmanager | SQL_ASCII
>  template1          | dbmanager | SQL_ASCII
> (4 rows)
>
> gestione_personale=# show client_encoding;
>  client_encoding
> -----------------
>  SQL_ASCII
> (1 row)

OK, so you are not using Unicode. I don't know much about the SQL_ASCII
charset, but I expect it to slightly differ from LATIN1. Type

SET client_encoding = LATIN1;

in psql, then SELECT some data containing the chars you have problems
with and see if it is fixed. If not, INSERT a new row with such chars
from psql, SELECT that row again and if the chars look right now, your
other rows are stored invalid in the datebase and you need to convert
them somehow.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath