Re: copy data between database

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: copy data between database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
<autogoor@yahoo.com> wrote
> Hi, I have a table A in both database d1 and d2. I would like to copy
> data in A in d1 to A in d2. How can I do it? I do not want to copy all
> data, just some part of A,

Here is a way if you feel want to try. The basic idea is that create a table
(say OS file name of this table is xxx) for the part of data of A that you
are interested in d1, and create another table of the same structure in d2
but empty with OS file name yyy. Then normally shutdown database, replace
yyy with xxx. Restart database again, you will get the data in d2. Notice
that you must make sure that two database d1 and d2 are initialized with the
same parameters.

Regards,
Qingqing