Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Andrus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?  (Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> PostgreSQL does not run in Windows 98
> You can run PostgreSQL on Cygwin on Win98, I think.
> But ifyou're running your database server on win98, you obviously don't
care much about your data :)

My goal is to allow my application demo, trial and development versions to
run in every Windows.
If customer is not able to run even demo, he will not add data to take care
of. So running in Windows 98 is more important than taking a much care about
data in this case.

So I must add both native and cygwin versions and cygwin intallation to my
application setup and maintain cygwin and postgres-cygwin versions. A huge
meaningless work.

Do you think that this is more reasonable than using Firebird ?

Apache runs well in Windows 98. Why this is so difficult in native Windows
Postgres?

> (PostgreSQL *client* tools and drivers run fine on Windows 98, btw)

1.pgAdmin refuses to run in Windows 98, displays that it is compiled with
unicode support.
Where to find binary version of pgAdmin for Windows 98 ?

2. I use unicode encoding in databases. Are you sure that pgAdmin allows to
display accented charaters in Win 98 ?

Andrus.