Re: using ssh-agent

От berenger.morel@neutralite.org
Тема Re: using ssh-agent
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I am trying to make pgadmin using a ssh tunnel. I do not want to
install a xorg server on production servers just for pgadmin :) ( plus
the fact that I would have to run a pgadmin on every server with a db...
definitely a no-go. )

In more verbose:
I have pgadmin installed on my localhost Debian, i3 ( my window manager
) is started with "ssh-agent startx" in ~/.bash_profile, so that I am
able to use ssh-add to add my keys, and then to use ssh without it
asking me my passphrases constantly. This works fine.

I have added servers in pgadmin with uses the tab "SSH Tunnel", enabled
"Use SSH tunneling", filled "Tunnel host", "Username", selected
"identity file", and of course I have given Identity file. When I try to
connect, pgadmin asks me the postgresql password ( this is normal ), and
then my passphrase ( this is not normal, since I have added my
passphrase to ssh-agent through ssh-add ).

When I have given the identifiers pgadmin wants, things works ( only
had few crashes, but not easy to reproduce, and I do not have any
information about the reason, I do not always start pgadmin from
terminal... ). The only problem is, is it possible to make pgadmin using
ssh-agent stuff, like in commandline ssh usual commands?
Because I connect to exactly 2 distant servers, and I do not like to
enter my passphrases everytime there is a connection problem, a crash,
or whatever. It would be really nicer if I could only type the 2
postgresql passwords ( which is still annoying, but I do not know if it
can be helped. )

PS: no need to make me in CC, I have subscribed to the list.