RE: inserts take longer and longer

От David Modica
Тема RE: inserts take longer and longer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
straight insert doing batches of 100. dropping the index to see if that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Krishna <srkrishna@outlook.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:52 AM
To: David Modica <davidmo@imaginesoftware.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: inserts take longer and longer

> we have a developer who is doing
> batch inserts 20 at a time and each subsequent batch is taking longer
> to the point where it is a critical problem. I recently changed the
> out of the box config to see if that would help but it hasn’t:

I recollect reading something few years ago, but not able to place my finger on the issue. IIRC it was something to do
withthe inserting session creating a HOT bloat because vaccum could not do anything on that live session.  I will try
tosearch for that post.  But the symptoms were similar to yours.  Initially good performance and then getting slower
andslower.

Q: Is it straight insert or you do select or updates also along with insert.