Re: Queries take long long(10 sec.) time running

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Queries take long long(10 sec.) time running
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7 Prosinec 2011, 11:28, Andre Lopes wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> Seems my problem is SWAP/IO... I can only solve this putting more RAM
> on the machine or it is possible to put down this values only
> adjusting some settings?

You can set PostgreSQL, MySQL etc. to use less memory - so that it fits
into the RAM. What are the basic config parameters, i.e. shared_buffers,
work_mem etc.?

The question is why it worked fine for 45 days and then it started to slow
down. My bet is that the database grew for some reason (users entering
data, bloat ...). This often triggers sudden performance degradation.

Tomas