Re: How to shorten a chain of logically replicated servers

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: How to shorten a chain of logically replicated servers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2020-01-07 at 23:17 -0800, Mike Lissner wrote:
> > You'd have to suspend all data modification on A in that interval.
>
> I know how to stop the DB completely, but I can't think of any obvious
> ways to make sure that it doesn't get any data modification for a
> period of time. Is there a trick here? This is feeling a bit hopeless.

The simplest solution would be to stop the applications that use PostgreSQL.

You could block client connections using a "pg_hba.conf" entry
(and kill the established connections).

Another option can be to set "default_transaction_read_only = on",
but that will only work if the clients don't override it explicitly.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe