Re: Cross-database tables

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Cross-database tables
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Brett W. McCoy is thought to have said:

> Is this the same as what in SQL92 are known as 'logical schemas' (versus
> the physical schema)?  They aren't supported yet in PostgreSQL, but are in
> the TODO list, according to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.html,

Thanks.  I didn't think to look in that list for some reason.  Same list
contains a few other things I've been looking for too, but didn't know
what to call them.

I did find it kinda funny that it's listed under "exotic", though.

Eh, it's a good, solid database.  I'll find a way around it till someone
good at writing databases sits down and thinks "Drats, I could really use
one of those exotic logical schemas to access multiple tables from
multiple databases right about now.  Why -- I'll write one!". ;)

Thanks.

--
RJohnson.com -+- Ron Johnson <rjohnson@rjohnson.com>
http://www2.rjohnson.com/me/2Ns9qoTqQqDyi/