Re: Cross-database tables

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Cross-database tables
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Ron Johnson wrote:

> I'd love it if I could access tables from other databases.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Here's some sample pseudo-SQL in case I wasn't clear about that:
>
>     select * from database1^table3, database2^table4;

Is this the same as what in SQL92 are known as 'logical schemas' (versus
the physical schema)?  They aren't supported yet in PostgreSQL, but are in
the TODO list, according to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.html,
under exotic features. hmm...  distributed queries (via replication) are
listed in there as well.  Cool.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
I'd never join any club that would have the likes of me as a member.
        -- Groucho Marx