Re: Logical replication is missing block of rows when sending initial sync?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Logical replication is missing block of rows when sending initial sync?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 11/15/23 02:41, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Dear Tomas, Depesz,
>

>>> I'll try reproducing this locally over the weekend. Should I use the
>>> test_1030.sh script that you shared a week ago, or do I need to do
>>> something more?
>>
>> That question is probably not to me, but to Hayato Kuroda
>
> Just FYI - As I posted, this script could not reproduce the issue. We may use the same table definition
> but I have not tried yet. I will let you know if I succeeded to reproduce.

FYI I think I've reproduced the issue (with a different script), I've
started a thread on pgsql-hackers:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/de52b282-1166-1180-45a2-8d8917ca74c6%40enterprisedb.com

Obviously, I can't be sure it's exactly the same issue, but the symptoms
seem to match what Depesz reported (gaps in data etc.). I don't know
what the root cause is, or fix. But there's more info (and scripts) in
the hackers thread.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra