Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Net Tree Inc. <nettreeinc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I am just trying to find the proper way to back and restore database
> that contain restriction.
> The other way to ask. If I have two 99% schema similar databases. The old
> one might contain few columns that does not exist in the new one and contain
> constrains that the new DB does not have. In that case, what's standard to
> do this?
> Since they are 99% similar in schema, can I do "data dump" only ? will that
> work?
> If owner for database between Old and new DB are different, do I must add
> that owner in by create new role?
> appreciated,

What I would do is to dump and restore the db as a whole which will
take care of constraint issues.  Then I would alter the tables to
match the new schema.

Сообщение: Re: How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?
Сообщение: Re: How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?