Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?

От Net Tree Inc.
Тема Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, I am just trying to find the proper way to back and restore database that contain restriction.

The other way to ask. If I have two 99% schema similar databases. The old one might contain few columns that does not exist in the new one and contain constrains that the new DB does not have. In that case, what's standard to do this?

Since they are 99% similar in schema, can I do "data dump" only ? will that work?

If owner for database between Old and new DB are different, do I must add that owner in by create new role?

appreciated,

Steven