Re: Startup proc 30595 exited with status 512 - abort and FATAL 2: XLogFlush

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Startup proc 30595 exited with status 512 - abort and FATAL 2: XLogFlush
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tom.
>
> After talking to my co-worker, we decided to go to the last backup (we used the pg_dumpall -c command).
> However, when I did enter "psql -f /usr/pgsql/backups/31.bak template1" to restore the database, I got "
> psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
>        Is the postmaster running locally
>        and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?
> ".
> I can't start my postmaster.  So how would I restore my last good backup?

The normal way is to drop the old cluster and create a new one.  I'm
not entirely sure how to do that on something as old as RHEL 2.1.  The
normal way would be to mv or rm -rf the /var/lib/pgsql/data dir and
run initdb again.  something like:

sudo /etc/init.d/pgsql stop
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data/*
sudo -u postgres initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
sudo /etc/init.d/pgsql start

or something like that.