Re: dump time increase by 1h with new kernel

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: dump time increase by 1h with new kernel
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Justin Pryzby <justinp@norchemlab.com> wrote:
> [I got no response on -general for a few days so I'm trying here]
>
> When we upgraded from linux-2.6.24 to linux-2.6.27, our pg_dump
> duration increased by 20% from 5 hours to 6.  My first attempt at
> resolution was to boot with elevator=deadline.  However that's
> actually the default IO scheduler in both kernels.

To add to what tom said, when you post this to something like kernel
hackers, it would really help if you could test the two other kernels
between these two to tell them exactly which one(s) causes the
regression(s).  That and how you compiled them or where they came from
otherwise (fc, Ubuntu dev, yada)