Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/6/10 Preeti Khurana <preeti.khurana@globallogic.com>:
> I checked the release notes till 8.1.17, but could not come across any such issue which leads to db performance
degradationafter doing heavy db operations. AutoVacuum is also enabled parallel.

Note that you might be much better served moving to 8.3 if HOT can
help with your usage patterns.  A database I work with dropped in load
by about 1/2 (maybe a bit more) just by switching to 8.3.  But it's
not magic pixie dust and if your usage patterns preclude HOT helping
(i.e. updating every row in a table) then I don't expect any miracles.

От: "Preeti Khurana"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation
От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation