Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I checked the release notes till 8.1.17, but could not come across any such issue which leads to db performance
degradationafter doing heavy db operations.

I don't think that was his point.  I expect it was something more along the
lines of crashing bugs and data corruption bugs that you might want to
have fixed.

> AutoVacuum is also enabled parallel.

Which means virtually nothing if we're trying to help you tune.  What are
your autovacuum settings?  Simply turning it on is not always enough (if
it were, there wouldn't be a need to have other settings, now would there)

And I'll reiterate something that was said on this thread earlier ... it's
likely that autovacuum isn't going to be enough for your usage pattern.

Have you posted the output of VACUUM VERBOSE yet?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Postgres's Performance degrades after heavy db operation
От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: limit table to one row