Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Rainer Mager <rainer@vanten.com> wrote:
> We use Postgres 8.x in production on Windows Server 2003. We have not done a
> direct head-to-head comparison against any *nix environment, so I can't
> really compare them, but I can still give a few comments.

Just wondering, what version are you actually running?  Big
differences from 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and soon 8.4.  For people taking
your advice on running on windows, it helps them make a decision on
whether or not to upgrade.

> First of all, it seems that some of the popular file systems in *nix are
> more robust at preventing disk fragmentation than NTFS is. Because of this I
> definitely recommend have some defragging solution. What we've settled on in

Linux file systems still fragment, they just don't tend to fragment as
much.  As the drive gets closer to being full fragmentation will
become more of a problem.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production