Re: high load on server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: high load on server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Erik Jones <ejones@engineyard.com> wrote:
> Eh?  His run queue constantly has procs waiting for run time, although I've
> seen higher.  That with a distinct lack of heavy IO says cpu bound to me...

I just pulled up the linux man page and it says that r is the number
of processes waiting to run.  This isn't entirely correct.  A BSD or
Solaris man page more correctly identifies it as the number of
processes running OR waiting to run and that if this number exceeds
the number of cores then the number by which is exceeds it is how big
of a queue there is.