Re: high load on server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: high load on server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Gerd Koenig <koenig@transporeon.com> wrote:
>> The problem might be that you're assuming there's a problem.  Looking
>> at the rest of your diags, you're data set fits in memory, I/O wait is
>> < 10% and there are no processes waiting for a CPU to free up, they're
>> all running.
>>
>> Looks healthy to me.
>
> Perfect, probably our customers didn't work that much in the past, but now
> they do ;-)

Well, it looks like you're about halfway to where you're gonna have to
start improving your hardware / using slony read slaves / using
memcached or something like that to handle the extra load.  Keep an
eye on your wait%.  If that starts climbing and vmstat shows more and
more bo going to your drives, then you'll need to improve your I/O
subsystem to keep up with the load.