Re: pg_hba reload

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: pg_hba reload
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I am attempting to load postmaster.
>
> pg_ctl reload
>
> I don't understand what is needed for [-D DATADIR]. I have tried the path to
> Postgresql with no luck.
>
> I've also leftoff [-s] since it doesn't appear to be needed.

-D points to the data directory, which looks like this:

base    pg_clog       pg_subtrans  pg_twophase    pg_xlog         postmaster.pid  server.crt
global    pg_multixact  pg_tblspc    PG_VERSION    postmaster.opts
root.crt     server.key

Is your db normally started from a startup script (like on ubuntu or
redhat)? if so, then call it with the reload command.  On ubuntu it
looks like this:

sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.3 reload

And that will handle the whole -D thing for you.