Re: User defined functions... - Found to be tsearch

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: User defined functions... - Found to be tsearch
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> It seems these functions are not user defined functions, but tsearch
> functions.  Now, I need to know about tsearch2.  I've searched my system and
> I don't find the functions that are being called from this database.  I'm
> still a newby with postgres.  Should I see these tables and these functions
> with in my users database or are they supposed to be global.  If they are
> supposed to be available only within the specific users database, how do I
> make them available to other databases.  I'm trying to make an exact copy of
> this database.  The original database is failing the sanity check.  I can
> copy the data out, but not the schema.  I manually created a duplicate
> schema to copy the data back into, but the copy is failing on these two
> table because it doesn't find the functions.  I'm not even sure I have the
> tsearch module for this version of postgres.  It's 8.2.4.  I did an upgrade
> to 8.2.11 and I see a tsearch directory under contrib, but there doesn't
> seem to be one anywhere else, where I would expect it to be for the 8.2.4
> version.

tsearch is included from 8.3 onwards.  8.2 does not have it built it.
You'd have to go into the contrib directory and build it (if you built
pgsql from source) and then install it from there.  But upgrading from
8.2 with tsearch added on to 8.3 is a bit of a pain, so I'd strongly
suggest just going to 8.3 if you can.  If 8.2.4 is missing a contrib
dir, and you installed from packages it's likely you didn't install
the 8.2.4-contrib package.