Re: Favorite Tom Lane quotes

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Favorite Tom Lane quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-04/msg00288.php
>> I remember after reading this post wondering whether Tom uses caffeinated
>> soap...
>>

> well, some ppl come up with ideas on wc-thone ;) What do you suggest
> they do there ... ;>

One of my favorite tinwhistle tunes is named Dusty Windowsill.  It's
so named because Johnny Harling (sp?) was sitting on the toilet when
the tune came to him, and having nothing else to write on, he wrote it
out on a dusty windowsill.

Genius strikes when it strikes.  I've woken up at two in the morning
with the answer to a complex programming problem at work, grabbed my
laptop, pounded out a hundred or so lines, then spent the next two
days trying to figure out how it worked.