Re: configure options

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: configure options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Siddharth Shah
<siddharth.shah@elitecore.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am compiling postgres, I have some doubts on ./configure options
>
> --enable-nls[=LANGUAGES]  enable Native Language Support
>       Do I need to supply each language name which i am going to store in my
> database or just have to take support UTF-8 ?
> and

No the config option for languages is to allow pgsql to choose
languages to operate in, like error messages and psql.  You can put
any languages you want into the database.

> --disable-largefile
>         Does it refers to for storing blob objects to store or  anything

I don't have a clue what that does.  PostgreSQL by default, in the
past, pgsql split files into 1G chunks.  Could be some kind of change
there?  It certainly is documented in the dev snapshot I grabbed a few
weeks ago.

The only option I ever set is bigint dates.