Re: log results

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: log results
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu> wrote:
> I just started logging postgresql. In the log are these entries:
>
>    478 LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 1110972072, limited by database
> "cswe2"
>
>    479 LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 1110972072, limited by database
> "cswe2"

Don't worry about the xaction wraparound.  that's just a notice.

>    480 NOTICE:  number of page slots needed (27072) exceeds max_fsm_pages
> (20000)
>
>    481 HINT:  Consider increasing the configuration parameter
> "max_fsm_pages" to a value over 27072.
>
> Can someone explain what it is and what I need to do to fix it?

You need to consider increasing the configuration parameter
"max_fsm_pages" to a value over 27072.

The configuration parameters are found in postgresql.conf, which can
be in various places depending on your OS.  Then restart postgresql.