Re: Heavy postgres process

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Heavy postgres process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Vivek_Sharan <Vivek_Sharan@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi Admin,
>
> I'm new to this I have few queries as listed below
>
> 1)      Number of connections made with a particular database.

Wait, how to find out how many connections there are, or how many can
a particular db handle.

For this kind of thing, look at the admin functions in the pgsql-sql docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/functions-admin.html

specifically you want something like:

select datname from pg_stat_activity;
select datname, count(datname)  from pg_stat_activity group by datname;

> 2)      And how can I check which process (PID) is responsible for the
> connection and

That table up there ^^^

> 3)      what all can make a postgres process as heavy as 70-80 MB in size

you may not be measuring properly.  When you say it's using 70-80 MB
how do you know this?  The numbers you see in top aren't necessarily
what some folks think they ar.

Сообщение: Re: Recommend dba maintenance tasks on a regular bases
Сообщение: Re: Recommend dba maintenance tasks on a regular bases